LA FIN DES TEMPS Index du Forum

FAQ Rechercher Membres Groupes S’enregistrer Profil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Connexion
Jesus Duenas World Cup Jersey

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LA FIN DES TEMPS Index du Forum -> Légende des 5 Anneaux -> Les théatres No, et Kabuki
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message

Féminin Bélier (21mar-19avr) 兔 Lapin
Point(s): 19
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: Mar 6 Mar - 09:30 (2018)    Sujet du message: Jesus Duenas World Cup Jersey Répondre en citant

What Is an Athlete? :

Mr. Stewart gave this speech at the 2013 Middle School Athletics Banquet. Mr. Stewart retired after the 2012-13 academic year Pete Maravich Hawks Jersey , having served the Academy community for 44 years.

Forty-five years of teaching, 30 of them coaching Academy teams, has given me time to reflect on the impact that participation in athletics can have on one's life. Looking back over the years, I have found the advantages of playing sports and taking in life's experiences to be immeasurable.

But first let me pose to you the question Paul Millsap Hawks Jersey , just what is an athlete? To answer my own question I have recorded a few thoughts about what it was like for me growing up in the burbs of Philadelphia.

See if any of the following statements relate to you:

First, our parents recognized the traits when we were very young. We were the youngsters who could not sit still. If there was a ball near by it was soon in our hands. At home, our indoor games ruined furniture, marked up walls Mike Muscala Hawks Jersey , and broke family heirlooms.

Growing up, we organized neighborhood pick-up games, made up our own rules of play, and worked to get everyone involved.

As kids we collected sports cards Mike Dunleavy Hawks Jersey , autographs, and pictures of our favorite players. Our rooms did not deny our passion for sports. Our equipment was everywhere.

We thrived on competition and could not wait to get started. Going to sleep before a big game was difficult.

Our uniform was our most prized piece of clothing and our first varsity letter became our most valued possession.

We catalogued our personal and team records, and still keep news clippings where we can readily review them today.

We turned to the sports page of the paper first and discussed its news before tackling any other topic.

In Middle School we lived for Friday games and bus trips to play new schools.

In college we loved playing Saturday afternoon games before a home crowd.

To us every game and every opponent was a new adventure. The tougher the opponent, the harder we played. And never tell us we are the underdogs.

We were natural leaders - always willing to teach the game to others.

Our messages and methods of instruction were passed down to us by our parents. We can still hear in our heads their ancient words of advice. These same catch phrases we pass along today to others.

We have played in 90 degree heat and humidity Mike Bibby Hawks Jersey , as well as sub-freezing temperatures, and have been soaked to the bone by both rain and sweat.

As athletes, we know all about X-Rays and MRI's. Our injuries have cost us game time and have ended our seasons. We have learned the techniques and jargon of the healing process so well that we feel empowered to offer medical advice to others. And we can tape ankles with the best of athletic trainers.

We make friends for life and we remember each other's game day highlights. We can't pass a local field without shaking loose a memory of what we did there.

We are athletes and we will be athletes all our lives.

The point of all of this is to show that all of our experiences teach us important life lessons and they never leave us. Little did I know my life's work as an athletic director was being forged on the vacant lots and ball fields of my home town.

I was the 10-year-old kid who called all of the neighborhood boys up on Friday night and told them to be at the lot by 8 a.m. on Saturday morning to play football. Then went to my room where I laid out all of my football gear carefully on a dresser. I was up at 7 and at the field by 8 a.m. I remember that after counting heads at the field, two of the boys were missing - the Farrell twins at the end of the block. I went to their house Kirk Hinrich Hawks Jersey , knocked on their front door until someone answered. I found one of the twins in his pajamas and I told him he had promised to be at the field by 8 a.m. - a binding contract to my way of thinking. Thirteen years later I found myself organizing teams, scheduling games, and looking out for uniforms as the Academy's athletic director.

I found out that all of these experiences, plus many another Kent Bazemore Hawks Jersey , helped shape me for my career. My suggestion to you is this, experience life. Take something away from your travel and camp experiences. Learn something meaningful from every book you read. Don't throw these treasures away. Return to them often to keep those memories alive. And as you get older and begin to reflect on them, you will realize just how important they were to you. Remember, with every experience you become a resource for someone who may never have the chance to do what you did.

As the flamboyant English writer & poet Oscar Wilde quipped Josh Smith Hawks Jersey , "Nothing is waste that makes a memory."

For more information, please visit our <"http:harrisburgacademywhat-is-an-athlete">website. Shaping your thighs Published: 31.10.2009 | Author: bethulsk | Category: Health And Fitness The thighs are made up of several muscle groups like the hamstrings, abductors and quadriceps. Strong thighs provide excellent support to the upper body. If you are a woman and are fond of wearing short skirts, bikinis or shorts then your things need to be slender and sexy. If your thighs are bulky then they will look ugly. Women appreciate men who have strong muscled thighs. To get your thighs into shape you need to work on them. And what better way to get them into shape then to perform some thigh exercises.

If you are exercising regularly then ensure that you include thigh exercises in your routine. Before and after any workout it is important to perform stretching exercises to warm up the muscles. It also helps to prevent injuries. After t. Cheap NHL Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys China Free Shipping   Cheap College Basketball Jerseys   Cheap MLB Jerseys China   Cheap Soccer Jerseys From China   Cheap New NFL Jerseys   Cheap College Baseball Jerseys   Cheap Basketball Jerseys   Wholesale Hockey Jerseys   Wholesale NFL Jerseys China 

Visiter le site web du posteur

MessagePosté le: Mar 6 Mar - 09:30 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LA FIN DES TEMPS Index du Forum -> Légende des 5 Anneaux -> Les théatres No, et Kabuki Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation